Infotek Consulting LLC
Last Updated: December 12th, 2018
Collection of Information
When you interact with the Website, we may collect information about you, including “personal information” and “non-identifying” information.
“Personal information” means information about you that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you, including, but not limited to, your name, telephone number, email address, physical address, customer number, employer, job title, industry, and payment card information.
“Non-identifying information” means information that alone cannot directly identify you, including, but not limited to, usage data that automatically records information about your visit (like your browser, domains, page views, the URL of the page that referred you, the URL of the page you next visit, your IP address, page navigation, time and duration of your visits to the Website, and the type and amounts of your purchases); data from cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons; and device data (like the type of operating system you use, mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device, and mobile phone carrier identification).
How We Collect and Use Information
The Website collects information in three ways:
Volunteered Information: We only collect personal information from you if you choose to share such information with us. For example, you may be required to provide us with certain personal information to respond to surveys, questionnaires or applications.
Data Collected Automatically: When you access the Website, Infotek automatically collects industry-standard non-identifying information, such as usage data and device data. Infotek collects and uses this type of information to help us understand how users interact with the Website, to provide you with a more relevant experience, to analyze spending behavior, and to enhance the services we offer.
Information We Share
- With our vendors to provide services for us and who are required to protect your personal information, including but not limited to:
- data processing contractors that provide computer services on our behalf;
- web hosting or web development firms that host or develop parts of our Website;
- marketing firms that will assist us with direct marketing;
- service contractors that provide facilities engineering services on our behalf;
- With relevant business partners:
- with whom we jointly offer products and services;
- to facilitate a direct relationship with you, including in connection with any program we administer jointly or on behalf of the business partner;
- to enable electronic communications with you as part of a purchase, a program, or other activity in which you have elected to participate;
- With a purchaser of Infotek or any of the Infotek affiliates (or their assets);
- To comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- To combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, users, and business partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Infotek or our business partners;
- In response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate; or
- With your consent.
We do not share your personal information with third party Ad-Servers.
We may also disclose non-identifiable information:
- for the same reasons we might share personal information;
- with business partners for their own analysis and research;
- to help us understand how users interact with the Website;
- to provide you with a more relevant experience;
- to analyze spending behavior;
- to enhance the services we offer;
- to facilitate your participation in a joint program or activity on the Website; or
- in any other non-identifying, aggregate manner.
You can always review, correct, update, or change your personal information at any time, or opt out of our direct marketing efforts, by changing the relevant settings in your profile or account (if available), or by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
Mobile Device Data: You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share certain device data with Infotek by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Infotek is the data processor, not the data controller; the data controller has to right to request data deletion and a third party vendor is responsible for deletion of the data. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding our data retention policies.
Infotek does not solicit any information from children under 13 years of age. Infotek will not knowingly collect personal information from children without insisting that they seek prior parental consent if required by applicable law. Infotek will only use or disclose personal information about a child to the extent permitted by law, to seek parental consent pursuant to local law and regulations or to protect a child.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us please contact us at email@example.com. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child’s personal information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
Infotek has implemented commercially reasonable security measures that are appropriate to the nature of the information that we collect and are designed to safeguard that information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. Please contact our Security and Compliance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding our security measures.
Only Infotek and Infotek authorized entities are allowed to access information stored on our servers. Unauthorized accessing of Infotek information stored on our servers is a violation of the law. In the event a breach of security is detected: (i) the breach will be reported to the appropriate authorities within 72 hours, and (ii) if the security of user data is put at risk, the affected or potentially affected users will also be informed within 72 hours. Infotek will also press charges to the fullest extent against those parties illegally accessing information on our servers.
Notwithstanding the above, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be fully secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Website, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Website, and you do so at your own risk.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Only provide information that is required. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites
To the extent the Website contains links to other websites, Infotek is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies or statements of these third party websites to learn more about the ways they may collect, use, or otherwise process your information.
The Website is intended for United States residents. Your personal information will be collected and stored in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States. If you reside in a country outside the United States, please note the data protection and privacy laws of the United States.
Infotek cares deeply about data privacy and the protection of user data. We are committed to being open about how Infotek protects your personal information. If you are located outside of the United States, Infotek is the data processor and is responsible for securing the infrastructure for your personal information.
GDPR, or General Data Protection Regulation, signed by the EU (European Union), was implemented on April 8th, 2018. The GDPR replaces the older EU Data Protection Directive. GDPR officially went into effect May 25th, 2018. Infotek has implemented controls to meet GDPR for international companies.
International clients have the right to data “erasure.” Upon request, Infotek will erase all data related to those clients per GDPR articles.
Questions and Comments